Police appeal after racist graffiti appears across Charlton and Blackheath

Racist graffiti has been sprayed on buildings including Barclays Bank in Blackheath Standard and a Caribbean takeaway in Charlton overnight.

Swastikas and other symbols were sprayed with police seeking any witnesses to the events.

MP Matt Pennycook and Greenwich Council leader Danny Thorpe have spoken out this morning about the incidents.

Anyone with information is being asked to call Greenwich Police quoting CAD 340/26JAN20.

This website is a labour of love and almost entirely the work of one person. It takes much time and as a private renter, I'm not flush with money. Any help from readers is a massive help. You can make a one off payment or become a regular supporter through Paypal here

6 thoughts on “Police appeal after racist graffiti appears across Charlton and Blackheath

• January 26, 2020 at 12:28 pm

This is absolutely terrible. This kind of behaviour is not acceptable or called for and cannot be tolerated. I do wonder sometimes if people who do this come from other areas as part of a wider group of racist to carry out these terrible and upsetting crimes.

I hope these culprits are caught soon and dealt with severely by the courts. I am sure the bank will have external CCTV systems to help identify the culprits.

• January 26, 2020 at 2:35 pm

I’m surprised that it’s happend in Blackheath to be honest.
    In all the 39+ years i’ve lived in the borough I can’t say i’ve suffered much (only some very small incidents in secondary school) any overt racism.

• January 26, 2020 at 3:04 pm

If these toe rags weren’t such cowards they’d step forward and own their work!

• January 26, 2020 at 4:04 pm

One of the local leaders of the BNP used to live in Blackheath, no idea if it’s still the case. The Fascist/ Nationalist contingent seems to be more in the Thamesmead, Erith, Bexley ends of things these days. There’s distasteful comments by some of them on the post of this article on Facebook.

• January 26, 2020 at 4:48 pm

Funnily enough, I noticed the same thing on the facebook page!

• January 26, 2020 at 5:08 pm

I do not belong to Facebook so have not seen the post on there.But I hope facebook take the offensive post down as soon as possible.

Why are some people hell bent on being racist and causing hatred amongst communities. it can only be to stir up trouble which there is really no need for.