I can barely keep up but another plan for a new micropub has been submitted in Bexley borough.
This micropub is planned at 9 Montpelier Avenue north of Albany Park station. it would go by the name Silver Fox.
As a micropub opening hours are limited compared to larger pubs and earlier closure times are proposed:
Monday – Friday: 12:00 – 22:00
Saturday: 12:00 – 22:00
Sunday: 12:00 – 20:00
It follows a large number of similar micropub plans this year including:
- Bexleyheath at 149 Long Lane
- Falconwood at 12 Falconwood Parade
- Blackfen at 17 Wellington Avenue next to a pie and mash shop.
Others exist in Bexleyheath, Crayford and Sidcup. While traditional pubs have struggled micropubs have boomed. Lower overheads are a key factor and a focus on product quality and a wide selection of beer from small breweries has also helped.
- There is also now a From The Murky Depths Facebook page. Click here to follow and see news on your Facebook feed.
- You can support the site by becoming a Patron at Patreon or make a one-off donation at Ko-Fi and Paypal.