Police launch operation at Lewisham station

Police and Southeastern launched an operation yesterday at Lewisham station to catch fare evaders and those carrying weapons.

A knife arch was set up and passengers checked upon exiting. Two arrests were made. According to Welling Police, who assisted the British Transport Police and Southeastern staff:

“A Male was arrested for Recall to Prison following a drug stop. A second Male was arrested for fare evasion, trespass on the railway and assaulting an Emergency worker”.

Courtesy @MPSWelling. Emojis are theirs

Murky Depths

Born and grew up in SE London

5 thoughts on “Police launch operation at Lewisham station

• September 15, 2019 at 12:33 pm

Love the strategically placed emojis, classic!

• September 15, 2019 at 2:20 pm

Not long after 7/7 I had to enter Euston Station through one of these arches. Being an engineer I was carrying a holdall filled with rolls of duct tape, cable ties (2ft long ones) a carpet knife and black bags among other things. The officer looked at me as I set off the alarms and I explained “I work in IT”. He let me through without a word. I’m grateful he showed some common sense and didn’t taser me immediately, but he didn’t even ask for any details such as my employer’s name or place of business. I’m sure the scales will rebalance soon: they’ll mistake my crutches for a Day of the Jackal style rifle and offer me a strategically placed smiley too.

• September 16, 2019 at 10:00 am

I guess you’re not from the demographic the police are prejudice against.

• September 17, 2019 at 5:31 am

I really do not believe the Police are prejudice regardless of what some MP’s say.

I do not care what race the person is I just want these dangerous weapons off our streets, No one in power and particularly in politics should be saying it is ok to carry these weapons.

However, I do take your point with reponse to Charles. I think that Officer failed in his duty and the bag should have been searched and further questions asked regardless of race.

Knife crime affects everyone and not just certian groups in our society.

• September 18, 2019 at 10:45 am

“Knife crime affects all levels of society.” Please provide example of rich (income/parents income >£100k) white female purportrator not related to domestic violence. Hell, any rich perp…

Violent crime disproportionally affects the poor, both as victims and those responsible. It is acquisitive in nature by primary or secondary reason. To assert otherwise is disengenuous.