Ikea have announced they will reopen their Greenwich branch on 1st June.
Opening hours will be reduced as will car parking spaces. The company state opening hours will be:
Stores in Scotland and Wales will remain shut.
They also revealed these measures to be put in place upon opening:
- Limited numbers of customers in store at any one time and wherever possible, customers are encouraged to shop alone, in line with Government guidance. Where this isn’t possible, groups will be limited to one adult and one child and a staggered entry system will be in place
- Restricted car parking as well as car park management, security in place and a system for closing off access if full
- Social Distance Wardens throughout the store to help customers find their way round the new one-way system and ensure new social distancing measures are being observed
- Reduced shopping hours
- Additional hand sanitiser facilities and more frequent deep cleaning routines for bags, trolleys, bathrooms, rest areas, equipment and touchscreens
- Screens in key areas – such as checkouts, service points, planning areas, customer returns - to enable social distancing
- Appointment-only system for in-store planning services, with remote planning encouraged
- Cashless payments only – by card and contactless
- Click and Collect will operate as contactless
- All play areas will remain closed, as will our restaurant
- The Bistro will operate a contact-free takeaway service and will be open with enhanced safety measures in place, including: two-metre distancing, screens, cashless payments only, and deeper and more frequent cleaning routines
Around a third of customers who visited the branch before closure used public transport. How that plays out will be interesting. More in cars? Some trying to board buses with flat pack boxes?