Southeastern have launched their annual summer promotion offering adult trips from any Southeastern station within zones 1-6 to the Kent Cost for £10 each way. Kids are £1 on top.
Unfortunately this weekend isn’t the best with engineering works on many lines, yet the offer runs until 16 June 2019.
That’s a tad early for the direct train from the Woolwich line to Whitstable, Margate and Ramsgate which begins in July, and hopefully this offer will be brought back as in previous years.
I used to think this offer of a tenner each way was only applicable from London terminals but the terms do state:
- Tickets valid to the 12 destinations above from Southeastern London Terminals and stations served by Southeastern in London Zones 1-6 (including Stratford International). London Terminals include St Pancras International, Charing Cross, Waterloo East, Cannon Street, London Bridge. Tickets available online at southeasternrailway.co.uk and at Southeastern ticket offices.
The list of destinations include:
As stated, despite it saying London Terminals this applies to all Southeastern stations.
Other terms and conditions state:
- Tickets for travel are only valid from 9:30am Mondays to Fridays and all-day Saturday and Sunday.
- Only valid for outward and return travel on the same day.
- Offer valid with Kids for £1 tickets. Not valid in conjunction with any Railcard or other promotional offers.
- Travel valid on any train operator company service using any standard permitted route.
- Refunds on wholly unused tickets are available, subject to an administration fee.
- Tickets are for origin to destination journeys only.