New plans have been revealed to partly demolish the Stratford Centre and build new towers around the site with the tallest topping out at 150 metres.
Ideas to demolish and/or refurbish the Centre have been rumbling around for years now.
This latest plan submitted to Newham Council seeks to demolish:
- Morgan House- a 15 storey commercial slab block
- Two storey building on southern area of the Site including market trader storage premises
- The northern ramp to the existing Stratford Centre multi-storey car park will be reconfigured or remove to provide an alternative connection. Consideration is being given to how access to the existing multi-storey car park will be re-provided.
The revised plan would open up the centre of the site. Surrounding that space would be:
- The North Tower (residential): up to 44 storey with 330 apartments. The maximum height will be approximately 150 metres
- The South Tower (residential): containing approximately 120 apartments in up to a 17 storey tower with a maximum height of approximately 65m
- An Office Building: up to 10 storeys
- The Hotel Building: up to 22 storeys (up to approximately 72m AOD), consist of approximately 280 rooms. The hotel is also likely to include a restaurant and food hall.
This is just the very early stage of the planning process. Consultations and revisions are to be expected in coming months before a final planning submission.
The planning reference is 18/01588/SCOPE
The site survives thanks to the kind support of readers.
You can help by donating and becoming a Patron at Patreon.com/TheMurkyDepths
Or donate through the new Ko-Fi service