Police conducted another operation at Woolwich Arsenal station late last week which saw four arrests including one passenger who trespassed onto the track and spat at an officer.
Operation Avara is a long running project that sets up knife arches at stations and works alongside Southeastern and TfL to tackle fare evasion.
In Woolwich four arrests were made last week. According to police these were:
• A Male was arrested for breaching his Community Protection Notice
• Two males were arrested for possession with intent to supply class b drugs one of these males was also arrested for handling stolen goods
• A Male was arrested for Trespass on the Railway, obstructing the railway and for assault on an emergency worker after a officer was spat at.
All males were processed in south London police stations.
- Man charged with murder of woman in Greenwich
- Woman suffers cracked skull after Sidcup assault: Police release CCTV