Live, work or visit Plumstead? Your views are wanted.

A survey has been established for residents and businesses in Plumstead to find out their likes and dislikes, and what improvements can be undertaken. The town has seen no shortage of issues in recent times but is also undergoing big changes in the near future.

A group of local residents have created a survey to find out exactly what people want. Greenwich Council have begun to show interest in the area after tireless campaigning from locals, but it’s still a very slow process.

As an example, consultation on just what £150,000 of TfL money will be used towards along the High Street still hasn’t begun halfway through this financial year.

The survey can give them, and local business, pointers for forthcoming improvements.

Who knows, in coming years further steps such as Conservation Zone status, town centre managers and even Business Improvement District status could arrive.

Click here to complete the survey if a resident.

Click here if a local business.

I run the site myself and pay all hosting and ongoing fees. If you want to help, you can make a one off donation or become a regular supporter through Paypal here

9 thoughts on “Live, work or visit Plumstead? Your views are wanted.

• September 24, 2017 at 10:18 pm

It is ok place to live but could look better

• September 25, 2017 at 8:03 am

Some have no choice in where they are given to live. I agree it could look A LOT Better

• September 25, 2017 at 8:01 am

Filthy unkept dull fly tipping area deteriorating places of work & houses illegal over crowded homes dog mess everywhere planted border areas not maintained, do I go on? Plumstead is the worse place to drive to, lived here for 57 yrs, it is the pits.

• September 27, 2017 at 6:50 pm

Plumstead High Street is even more rundown than I remember from 40 plus years’ ago. I went to school in Plumstead and it was shabby then. You couldn’t pay me to live in Plumstead and the Crossrail effect, if there really is one (property prices notwitstanding), will take many years to materialise.

• September 28, 2017 at 12:51 am

I am surpised that a survey is needed, given the obvious and the other comments made
    The whole high street should be dunked in a large tub of bleach. There is no environmental violation that has not been committed. The street should be used as a text book example of how a council should not manage an area.

Not to be political I think that the council as become complacent and after over 25 years in office the only improvement they have been soley responsible for is…………….still waiting……..still waiting.

Through all this there is still a caring community willing to stand up and be counted and that is something to be celebrated.

• September 30, 2017 at 7:07 pm

There is a real problem with dog poo. I live close to the common and it’s horrible in all the streets up here . There are so many dog walking hotspots here but not many dog bins, notices, or cleanups.

• October 1, 2017 at 8:30 pm

If u stopped spending money on crap road layouts n unusabke bike lanes and giving idots huge wages n bonus’s and actully spent it on maitinance of the streets could be like other good places. Stopped idot parking down by plumstead station for starters and mosc. Got all old tatty buildings along the high street fixed…